Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back to work for me and back to school for Tyler

It seems like since my birthday I have been so busy. I have had so much going on. We had to get everything ready for school. Supplies, clothes and bedtimes. I am going to start from yesterday and work backwards. I started back to work yesterday. It was awful. Our school hours changed so we start 45 minutes earlier. Normally that would be great but this year they changed the school boundaries and Tyler is going to a new school. His school starts at 9am. We are both so bored in the morning. We are all ready and have to wait to leave. Stinks. My hours for this year are 9-2 again. This is because of Tyler's schedule. I will not go to work until I know he is safely on the bus. The bus stop in on the corner of our house so it is perfect!! Here are the pics from his first day of school....









He loves the new school. I must say that I was impressed when I walked in the door. I took him the first day because we missed meet the teacher night. We were out of town. His teacher seemed nice. Tyler said "She looks pretty nice". The school is only 3 years old now. He said even the playground is better. He has come home with a big smile the past 2 days. I wish I could say I was coming home with a big smile. I am not. I am coming home HOT, TIRED & SMELLY!!!!! It is so hot outside. I hope I can make it. I am afraid I am going to have a heat stroke out there and the kids are going to just leave me there on the field to die. I don't have anything positive to say about work right now so I will skip to the next subject. The doggie door!!!!
Holy cow what a job that was. Todd installed a doggie door for Daisy. It was a long hard project to say the least. We spent a great deal of the weekend doing it. Well about 8 hours between the two days. It was a huge pain to do but well worth it. We installed it in Todd's poker room downstairs that way when we are not home we can put her in the room and shut the door. She can still be inside where it is cool (or warm) but can go outside to take care of business. The first day she went right through it with no problems, pooped and came back inside! Yeah Daisy!!!!
We went to Tucson last week. Todd has a conference he has to go to every summer there. This is the ninth year we have made the trip down. We did skip last year because Tyler had his tonsills out but Todd still was able to go. Todd gets to go listen to a bunch of lawyers talk for three days and Tyler and I hang out by the pool. This year the conference was at a new resort. It has always been at the El conquistador in Oro Vally but this year it was at the Westin La Paloma. It was nice there. The pools and slides were much better. Tyler was most impressed with the swim up bar. We sat there one day and had smoothies and nachos. He loved eating in the pool. I must admit I thought it was kinda cool also. Here are the pics....












This kid loves the water. He makes friends everywhere he goes so it's no surprise he would find them at the pool. We had a great time.

I have recovered from the two crowns I got and will be getting the other two before the end of the month. The calender is empty for the rest of the month. We are going camping for Labor Day weekend but that's about it. With school starting we wanted to keep things low key.

3 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

Ugh, yeah, I couldn't handle the whole playground thing. The extreme heat, just not worth it. You hang in there. Tyler looks pretty tall. Justin grew almost 7 inches in 10 months. Who does he look like?

Susie said...

He's one cute kid!
Looks like you had a lot of fun!
Maybe now that you've got your name in with the school district you can see what other "inside jobs" are available!

I worked as a teachers aide for several years and loved it.

Happy school year!

Stacey said...

He's a cutie and sounds like he has a great personality! What a fun time for your family to hang out and relax together.

Hang in there with the job. I don't think I like the idea of being outside in the heat either! I wonder if you could find something else with the same school. It's a bummer that you and Tyler aren't together anymore. Maybe you could transfer there?