Friday, April 11, 2014

Toilet Paper

So today toilet paper is on my mind! Don't judge!!! Toilet paper is so freaking expensive. I hate it. It's literally throwing money down the drain but it is the most necessary thing on the planed. Followed by deodorant, soap, shampoo, mouthwash, toothpaste, toothbrush and floss!



Back to the toilet paper.... Holy crap there are so many to choose from. And seriously who is going to stand there and figure out what  wipe works best for your families butt wiping needs. Now I pride myself on being a very good shopper. I have mastered the art of matching coupons up with sale adds to get the most savings. Toilet paper on the other hand wins almost every time. Those $1 off coupons don't really bring the price down as much as I would like them to. I'm not loyal to a particular brand. I am loyal to the coupon that I clip. Now don't think for one minute that I buy the cheap stuff that tears during a wipe. The kind that leaves you on the verge of vomiting when you realize you may need to dip your hand in bleach because the TP didn't hold up!! No generic toilet paper for the Glover's.
I generally buy Cottonelle! It is on sale more than the rest and there are always coupons. I also order it from Amazon quite a bit depending on the price. The prices always change on there. I love the convenience of it just showing up on my door a case at a time. I also like not having to haul it around the store hogging up my cart.


There are so many kinds of TP to choose from. Thank God TP has come along way from when I was a kid. I just didn't trust my TP growing up. So because I have a TP trust issues I have a habit of taking more than necessary. It is because of this habit I can not buy Cottonelle Tripe. There are only 4 rolls in the pack but 4 rolls are like getting 12 rolls. So technically you need less when you wipe. The problem with those packs if I buy them is that I keep rolling the TP off the roll like its 1987 and before I know it I have 4x's the amount of TP I need. Based on how fast we go through it I think the same is happening for the entire family. This kind of TP is so thick your toilet may not be able to handle the TP load its about to get! No kidding!  Plus its expensive too. Its like paying for 24 rolls.


We like the Cottonelle Ultra. It's soft, thick and absorbent. It's also ultra cushiony and ultra luxurious, for an ultra clean and fresh feeling. That's what they claim. My butt kinda agrees. It says that 12 rolls are like 24. Unless you are in my house then 12 rolls are like 12. I prefer this over the 4 rolls are like 12 kind.

We also use Clean care Cottonelle. It claims to be stronger and has extra-absorbent ripples. So does that mean it's stronger than the ultra?? And are those ripples like the ripples in the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? Ripples.. Who knew they could help produce a more absorbent wipe! Because 4 rolls are like 8 we prefer this over the tripple care.
I wonder if any of them honestly clean any differently? Or if its just certain words in the advertising and packaging that catch peoples attention and  makes them want to buy a particular TP. The word clean is used over and over so I guess that's what really matters in the end (haha)



Honorable mention goes out to the Cottonelle gentle care with aloe & Vitamin E. Talk about pampering your butt! This is a nice option if you may be experiencing diarrhea (I guess.) Its the BEST ever according to the package. Ive never tried it but that cute puppy might just convince me to give it a try! The website says... Take good care of your behind with the soothing, gentle clean of Cottonelle Gentle Care. This Toilet Paper is enriched with aloe and vitamin E.

Am I the only one that hates spending $$ on toilet paper? I once saw a disgusting family on TV that used rags to wipe. NOT KIDDING! Then they had a plastic bag they threw them into until wash day. I swear I am not making that up. It was on TLC Extreme Cheapskates. Never in a million years. They probably save $10,000 a year on TP but no thank you. I would pole dance for TP before I use one of Todd's old shirts! I also hate when I go somewhere and the toilet paper is.... a little thin. Like school toilet paper or restaurant toilet paper. Ive considered bring my own roll with me to keep in my purse. NO I am not pooing up the place at Red Robin. Ladies need TP when they pee!

And lastly.... My favorite thing ever is the wipes! There is no way you will have a dirty butt if you use these things. Plus with summer coming on you might be able to avoid swamp Ass if you make sure your crack is completely clean EVERY time you have a code brown! I'm not joking. Just like the commercial says....a clean bum is a happy bum! Happy wiping!


No comments: