Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Great Week


Our first week off for summer break was good. I spent a lot of time with Tyler doing mommy and Ty Ty stuff together. Now I know he is 8 and I shouldn't refer to myself as mommy or him as Ty Ty but I still see him as my baby. On the other hand I see that he is growing up QUICK. This may be the last summer that he has any interest in hanging out with me. I think working the past 9 weeks at the school was a good thing for me. It gave me a clearer picture of kids today. I saw just how needy and starved for attention many of them are. It makes you wonder what kind of homes these kids come from. I am not saying that my baby is in anyway, shape or form neglected or starved for attention but I did realize the types of kids he encounters on a daily basis.

I sometimes feel bad for him because we didn't give him a sibling. I honestly know that I just didn't have it in me to be a mommy to more than one. Its a lot of hard work. I want him to have such a different life growing up than I had. So far he has turned out to be a pretty good kid. He is somewhat of a know it all and he gets a little mouthy at times but overall I am pleased with how he has turned out and the decisions that he makes. Todd and I are both very strong willed, opinionated and have very big mouths. We see ourselves in him almost on a daily basis.


So back to the title of the blog. As I said in a previous blog Monday and Tuesday were spent laying around and seeing free movies. On Wednesday we stayed inside watched cartoons and played. We built pirate islands and pirate ships with his Imaginex sets. We stayed in pj's all day I didn't even go down stairs until 4:30. We went out to dinner with friends that night. It was fun. There were 20 of us. We LOVE Buffalo Wild Wings on Wednesdays. They have $1.99 kids meals that includes a drink. From 3-7 all appetizers are 1/2 price. They have the best appetizers. They also have their drumsticks on sale for fifty cents. You can have them flavored with any of their wing sauces. We spend less than $15 for dinner for all 3 of us that includes tax and tip. After dinner we went to Sonic for their 99c shakes. YUM! Then off to Blockbuster to renew our movie rental pass for the summer.

On Thursday we got ready and went to Papa Johns and picked up a pizza for Tyler for lunch. I got a gazillion coupons for free pizzas from there. The coupon is perfect for Tyler because it's for a small pizza. We took our pizza and went through Sonic and got 2 free cherry lime aids. Next we went to Chick a fila so I could get a chicken sandwich. I had another coupon that I used and got a free milkshake. The total for lunch that day was $3.12. We took our mostly free food buffet and sat in front of Barnes & Nobles and ate lunch outside. Thankfully it was not to hot of a day. After lunch we spent a few hours inside the bookstore. We love to go there. I read travel books for our up coming trip to Florida and Tyler found a few new books to read this summer. The books are called Diary of a Wimpy kid. He loves to read them. We left the book store and went to Ross. I hate Ross!! It used to be my favorite store and then it turned ghetto. I thought its so close lets just take a peek. I found Tyler 4 new pairs of shorts and a new backpack to put back for school. Only spent $52 bucks. I had plans for Thursday night so Todd and Tyler vegged out and watched The Golden Compass.

Friday we got up, got ready and headed to the mall. I was so sad to learn that the Disney Store had went out of business. I have not been since I started working. See what happens when I am working and cant go out and spend money....things go out of business. I actually saw a store that was closed and had a sign in the window that said Closed for lunch break, be back in 30 minutes. What a sign of the economy. Stores are closing down and employers cant afford to pay 2 employees to work at the same time. Anyways we met up with some friends and the kids played in the play area for about an hour and a half. Tyler is too big for that area but he is very cautious of the little ones so I do let him play there. He loves to play on all that stuff. Somethings you are never too big for I guess. We headed to the food court to get our grub on. At the food court we ran into Tyler's best friend and his father. This led to Karson coming over to play and then staying the night. It's 1:30 now and they are starting to get bored with each other. I guess the 24 hour marathon is almost over. I love having other kids here. It keeps Tyler from being bored. I know he gets bored with us all the time.
Lots of boring stuff, I know. That's just our life now. Before I know it it will all be over. I will go back to work and Tyler back to school.

2 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

The one thing that keeps me in this "Zesta Box" I call home is the neighborhood (oh and the fact that it just fits our family.) There are kids everywhere, with parents that are involved and care about them. Priceless! I hope Tyler makes some friends in the neighborhood soon. I can rememeber one particular little girl that had to be by her sister's side all the time. She turned out to be a very sweet person.

Donna Rae said...

I hope you mean me and not the Baldenegro or Steiner family. I think the pod idea where you live is great for kids. I know Rhonds likes living there.