Monday, June 2, 2008

1st project of summer


Tyler is at a friends house today playing. It's kind of odd being here all by myself during the day. That has not happened in almost 3 months. It's been very helpful to have him gone today. I started working on a project that I just don't want him bugging me while I do it. I cleared out a room in march to make into a scrapbook room. I got it painted but started working the following week. The room has just sat there because I have not had the energy to do anything else with it.

I got a table and chairs from Craigslist that needed to be redone. It is a good sturdy table from Broyhill. I only paid $50 bucks for it. It needed to be cleaned so last night I cleaned everything and Todd sanded it down. I removed the seats because I am going to recover them in a fun fabric that goes with the room. I started painting today. I hate painting chairs. I have done it several times before and I always say never again. I honestly mean it this time. I am hoping to do all the touch ups tonight after it dries and them tomorrow paint the top of the table. I have a few ideas on what I want to do on the top. I guess I should decide so I can finish. The chairs and the legs are the same brown I used in the room when I painted it. I also want to use some of the aqua on the set.
Once I get this table done I can figure out the rest of the things I need. I am excited to have this space all for myself. I love to scrapbook and do all kinds of creative projects. I can work when I want and I don't have to pack it all up when I am done each time!!!!