Friday, April 11, 2008

Long Week

Nothing exciting has happened since my last post. I spent last weekend doing house work and laundry. On Sunday grocery shopping and a pedicure. I was to wiped out for anything else.

This past school week has been the longest week ever. I think the new schedule is catching up to me. I have been so tired this week that I cant see straight. This week was AIMS testing at school. The school schedule changed because of it. That meant more time on playground duty this week. An extra 1/2 hour per day to be exact. It's hard to be on your feet for 2 hours and 45 minutes at a time. The concrete is so hard on my feet and the field is just as hard. I am so burned that if I get any darker I am going to be picked up in one of sheriff Joe's immigration sweeps. Between the heat, sunburn, sore feet and lack of sleep I am just wiped out. I know in time I will adjust. Surprisingly I am starting to like the job better. I am getting to know the kids and they are getting to know me. The only part of my job I don't like is coming back to the school in the afternoons to do the afternoon crossing guard position. I work for 6 hours and then go home for an hour. It's so hard to go back. I also think its the hottest part of the day. I can feel my skin burning as I am out there. I am not going to do the crossing guard position next year, it's just to much time outside when it's combined with the aide position.


Todd and Tyler are at the Chris Daughtry / Bon Jovi concert tonight. Tyler has been through so much with his mouth that we gave him tickets for the concert. He loves Daughtry and Bon Jovi. It will be his first concert. He is very excited and so is dad.


I was to tired to do anything tonight so I went to my bff's house and laid on her recliner for a few hours and gossiped and complained. No plans for the weekend. I think it is best that way. I am to darn tired. Tyler went to the orthodontist today and he said Tyler's mouth didn't expand enough when we were turning in each day. This means that we have to turn it once a day again for the next 12 days. This SUCKS!!! I thought he was done with that and so did he. He is being a good sport about it. He got his face mask today. I will post pics later. It is odd looking. Like a catchers mask.

No comments: