Monday, April 14, 2008

Smoked Turkey & Pesto Wrap

We had this for dinner last night and it was so good that I wanted to share. This is a perfect no cook recipe. I was at Fry's shopping yesterday and decided to buy a jar of sun dried tomato pesto. I have looked at this jar several times and thought it looked good but what in the world would I do with it. As Todd was picking through the bananas I picked the jar up and noticed there was a recipe on the jar for smoked turkey & pesto wraps. It sounded so good I got the ingredients and headed home to make them.

RECIPE

1 8.5 oz jar of Bella Sun Luci brand sun dried tomato pesto, drained

(by the tomato's in the produce department in Fry's)

1 8oz block of cream cheese

1/2 pound of sliced smoked turkey

2 cups of shredded romaine lettuce

1 tomato sliced

1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions

1/4 avocado

tortillas

cracked pepper to taste


DIRECTIONS

Combine cream cheese and pesto in a small bowl; stir well. spread evenly a thin layer over the tortilla. place turkey, lettuce tomato, red onion and avocado over the bottom third of the tortilla. Make sure the ingredients don't touch the edges. Roll the tortilla up, cut in half and eat.


I didn't have an avocado so I used some guacamole I had. The brand was Wholly Molly Guacamole. It was the spicy flavor. YUMMY!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

OneHappyfamily said...

mmmm that looks yummy!