Sunday, June 22, 2008

Blinds, baseboards and a new TV

It has been a long but productive week. Lots of housework. Cleaned the blinds, all 18 of them. Cleaned the lights, fans, baseboards and the banister. Pulled out the furniture and vacuumed under it. Wiped down walls and did touch up painting throughout the house. I cleaned out the fridge and microwave and organized the pantry. Those are the things that are so time consuming. I also spent one day doing the regular household chores. Sweeping, moping, vacuuming, laundry, dusting and all 3 bathrooms. Boring paragraph I know. But that is what was going on around here.

On Wednesday we went to the Surprise pool for 3 hours. We love to go there. Tyler always has a blast. I loaded up on the sunblock and stayed in the pool the whole time, it was hot!!!!!!

Thursday we went to the movies. We saw Fire House Dog. It was so cute. I had not seen it. Good family time movie. We took one of Tyler's friends to the movies with us. He ended up spending the day and night here. The kids played in the sprinklers, watched TV and played with the Lego's to keep busy. They also spent some time in the exercise room. Tyler loves to take his friends in there and "work out" (play) It's cute. They turn up the radio and you don't see them for an hour.

This weekend has been nice. Todd left Friday morning for a guys weekend. He goes to Laughlin a couple times a year with the guys. It's good for him. It's good for me. Tyler and I have hung out and watched movies all weekend. We went to the store on Friday and bought all the stuff to make ice cream sundaes and banana splits. We figured we would live off ice cream and Funyans this weekend.

When we were at the store I decided to get Tyler a TV for his room. He has always wanted one in his room but I have always told him he was to small. I don't think when kids are small they need a TV in their room. I know lots of kids have them but that is just my personal opinion. He will be 9 in a few months so I decided it was time. He is such a good kid and he does well in school. He had been going through so much with his mouth that I felt he deserved it. We got a good deal. It's a 19 inch digital LCD TV (what ever that means) with a DVD played built into it. It is one of those TVs that is super thin. It only weighs 11 1/2 pounds. I will not have to worry about it falling on his and squishing him.

When the cable guy came out a couple years ago and ran cable into the office we asked him to run it into Tyler's room as well. He went into the attic and said that there was no way to run the cable into his room because he couldn't get to the side of the house his room was on. He said there were to many beams running that way and something about the air conditioning unit that is in the attic. I think he just didn't want to try. Because he does not have a cable outlet I bought the stuff to run a splitter off the cable jack in the office. I drilled a hole in the wall and ran the cable through. So far the computer and his TV work fine. I wasn't sure if we would get the same reception since the cable is now split. So far so good. He is so excited. We have got up the last 2 mornings and laid in his bed and watched TV. He is such an awesome kid. He is so sweet and loving. I love to cuddle up with him. I am so lucky to be his mom.


We called Todd Friday afternoon and told him he should try to win a couple extra hundred dollars this weekend because we went shopping. He said he was feeling lucky, we shall see.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Sounds like you enjoy being a mom! It's fun to spoil them rotten now and then, isn't it?