Friday, June 13, 2008

Posters and big hangers










Tyler has had a camouflage/Army for almost three years now. When we moved into this house 8/05 he was 5 years old and Army soldiers were the coolest thing ever. So naturally he wanted an Army style room. Now he is 8 1/2 and he is ready to move on. He has a lot of his own ideas now. We painted his room and got new bedding. He loves some of the older movies. Terminator is his favorite. He asked if we could redo his room with some really super cool movie posters. I said yes! He picked them all our himself. Thank God for Ebay. I got 6 posters with shipping and insurance for $55. He helped me hang them and decide exactly where they would look best. We did it the old fashion way....with tacks!!!! I was not going to invest in movie poster frames. Even the cheap ones are about $12 bucks a piece and I would need 6 of them. Anyways here are the pictures of the room. I realized that I took them before I finished the trim around the ceiling.





I remember having posters when I was a kid. My best friend and I were HUGE wrestling fans. We would hang posters of wrestlers on the wall. Hulk Hogan was the best!!!! Do you remember that?? Shawnette would display all the wrestling dolls all over her room and I also believe at one time there was a Michael Jackson poster in her room.

I also had to change out all of Tyler's hangers. He is growing so fast that his clothes don't stay on his little guy hangers anymore. I had to buy the big ones. So now even his closet has a more grown up look.

3 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

Everything looks great. Hulk Hogan was on Larry King the other night speaking out on his son's behalf. What a mess! He looks so good still. His complection is almost flawless. I bet Tyler loves his new space.

Stacey said...

What a great idea for your son's room. You're really changing things up around your house! Doesn't it feel good to make some changes, though?

Beth said...

I love to Scrapbook too! I am hooked on Creative Memories. I have a room just for scarpbooking too. Maybe sometime we could get together. You seem like an awesome person and fun to be around.